Tuesday, August 02, 2005

The Longest Day Ever

I have been pretty vocal about my preferences about the kind of company that I normally would gel with. It is for the sake of convenience that I behave myself with almost all the people that I come in contact with, as also the fact that people whom I dont like take a liking to me just because I am well behaved. However, it is very rarely the opposite way around, as I understand. I am a person with a certain amount of respect and honour, and to break the backbone of such a person is an extremely tedious job. None have succeeded, and none ever would would.

However, there are certain lessons that life has taught me. One of the very important lessons is not to get involved in any matter which does not have any direct bearing on you. I understand that a statement like that is very strange, even more so because it is coming from a hard core politician like me. But the fact remains that student politics, specially like the one that is carried on inside our college has indeed taken a very big toll on me. I have experienced the highs and the lows, but I can guarantee one thing, at the end of the day, it was still your closest friends who would have been there by your side, not your mate, not your partner, not someone whom maybe you would have depended on with your life inside the system.

Politics has been my life and source of sustenance inside the college. It has seen me through a variety of my darkest hours, and the fact remains that I happen to be one of the most successful of the lot, even with doyens of the culture like Deepto, Rohit and Saurya on the Arena.

However, I reiterate once more, there is absolutely no need to get involved in any matters of politics if it does not exactly concern you as a person. It can get you to fantastic highs, it can also drag you to fantabulous lows. And at the end of the day, it is you who is the loser.

But then, the whole point of the diatribe was to rave and rant and give steam to some ideologies that I have carried over the years. The code of honour has broken down in our college politics. The very notiion of "You watch my back, I will watch yours" has seen an end. Perhaps it was the Fifth and the fourth years that were responsible for the aforestated.

It would be useless to argue that we do not have a grand notion of "We had made this college, we would leave no legacy back." The fact remains that Deepto has made a political following and me and Rohit, and perhaps, just perhaps Saurya would be the last of the lot. There would be no legacy after that, because we would ensure that our thoughts and ideologies do not go to the dogs.

Nobility has left the college. The concepts of chivalry has given was to one of high handedness. If you have "fathers" surviving in the college, you are going to go places. If you do not, you would die like a dog. However, I have never bowed down, and would never bow down to anyone inside or out of the college. I have been upright in all my thoughts, and have spoken my mind in most of the controversial topics.

I believe that when you are speaking the truth, there is no need to be scared. Even when the Nalsar fiasco happened, I was one of the most vocal people in the arena. It is the University's fault that they could not curtail the students. I can do just that much, I cannot go further than the Eight Mile Road.

However, after much raving and ranting, I believe that at the end of the day, I am at peace with myself. I know why. Because I am who I am. And I have accepted that. Not to mention, of course, the fact that I have had been introduced to some of the most brilliant people on the planet. For my friends, you know who I am talking about.

Peace!


Love, laughter n keep the Faith

Sagnik

No comments:

DisclaimeR

The written contents of this weblog are the thoughts and preferences of EvolutioN and are not to be copied or reproduced without prior permission. The images shown on the site are courtesy the internet and google images. Please expect a can of whoopass to be opened if I find you doing any of the aforestated actions.

Loves,

Evo