Tuesday, September 06, 2005

BaD Blogs: Existentialism

I have been writing pretty furiously over the past few days, mainly because I have had the immense need to write, give vent to my emotions. I needed to write, that is why I wrote. And there has been a huge hue and cry about the "Bad" blogs that people write.

Frankly speaking, I do not think that a blog can be a bad or a good blog. Well, at the end of the day, it's just that a blog is just that, a weblog. What you want to put in it is your affair, and that no one, not even your parents or your closest friends can dictate what you must or must not write, or how you want your own webpage to look like.

Its your place, to do your own thing, and whatever you wanna do, go ahead and do it. I mean, at the end of the day, if you feel good about it, what stops you from doing it? I have looked at blogs which are bad to look at, but fantabulous in content. But I have seen blogs which look fantabulous in content, but scratch beneath the surface, and you would find plagiarism of the worst sort.

I am sometimes surprised with the veracity with which some people talk about bad blogs. I mean, some genuinely have the standing to talk about bad blogs, because they are serious journalists, who have a solid grounding in the art of writing. Writing is indeed an art, and there are some people who are either born with the gift, or they are not. What you can do, at the most, is to give the stone that extra edge, that cutter that would be the last block.

And I think that the whole term "Writer's Block" is just another excuse for non-writer's to explain their poor writing standards. I assume that if I talk about this in literary circles, people would be up in arms against me, because people may say that a writer's block is something everyone has experienced at one point of life or the other.

Do not get me wrong. I am not saying that people do not run out of ideas. They do, it is just that even when they do, and when their writings meander on, the quality of their writings never cease or drop, its just that they do not get suitable topics to write on.

Dostoevsky, for example, had 12 years before he could start writing on Crime and Punishment. Or for that matter, Les Miserables was written when Victor Hugo was almost bankrupt.

I dont know how it is that people who do not have the slightest grounding on the subject talk about such things with such elan. I mean, its crazy.

Well, whatever, the sun still rises on the East sky. Eminem is still God and I am still in love with Bubba.

he he

Love, laughter n keep the Faith

S

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel profound pity for you. Why do you cover up your insecurities? And why can't you be a nice person?

DisclaimeR

The written contents of this weblog are the thoughts and preferences of EvolutioN and are not to be copied or reproduced without prior permission. The images shown on the site are courtesy the internet and google images. Please expect a can of whoopass to be opened if I find you doing any of the aforestated actions.

Loves,

Evo