Thursday, February 16, 2006

23 days, and counting down...

I remember the days when we "batted" for the trophy. I remember the time when "ami 7 eo nei, 5 eo nei". I remember the time when I cried because someone turned me down. I remember the time when I bloodied my hand because I was frustrated. I remember the time when I cringed at my name being called to give an answer.

I remember the time when I cried on someone's shoulder because I wanted to. I remember when I smoked a packet of cigarrettes in a single hour because I was on edge. I remember the time when I stood with someone at hours on end because I was talking about something non-committal. I remember the time when I did a cartwheel because someone said that she had fallen for me.

I remember the time when we talked hand in hand from College to the old hostel with someone very special. I remember the time when I danced with someone and I remember the "nikamma kiya hai is dil ne". I remember the time when someone said that he would wait for me with a box of bandages. I remember the time when I was at the nadir of my political career and how someone had lifted me up by singing to me.

I remember the time when I vommitted for one whole night after getting high on a combination unheard of in this college. I remember crying because I had got through an internship with one of the premiermost corporates in the country. I remember the time when I stayed awake for 72 hours straight, doing my projects. I remember the time when there were 4 computers running in one room, tryig to finish a work in the given deadline.

I remember my first juniors. I remember having my first political spat. I remember making my first friend in the junior batch. I remember giving my first exam. I remember my first love. I remember my first blog. I remember my first comment, and my first commenter. I remember having fallen in love all over again. I remember my first fag. I remember my first football match. I remember my first brush with greatness.

I remember my first brush with getting high. I remember my first classes.

No more are the people going to bat in the same pitch. No more are people going to fight in the class for small idiosyncracies. No more are people going to cry for broken window panes, hearts. No more is blood going to flow because of a broken switch board. No more are there going to be "much obliged"s. No more are there going to be all-night-movies. No more are there going to be the glares of the librarian because we were talking too loudly. No more are there going to be hushed silences in the classes when the teacher passes us by.

We were the class of 2001 of NUJS. We are always gonna be the class of 2001. To us, the University owes much. And we owe much to the place which transformed us from boys and girls to men and women.

Men and women of caliber, who, someday or the other would change the world. We are confident.

To the class of 2001. I am gonna miss you all.

(That, by the way, goes to all and sundry. I know that I have been nasty and uncouth towards some of you. I know that I would deserve much less than what I have received. )

I do not go out as a bitter man. I go out, a proud NUJS ite. A proud lawyer.



Love, laughter and keep the Faith

S

No comments:

DisclaimeR

The written contents of this weblog are the thoughts and preferences of EvolutioN and are not to be copied or reproduced without prior permission. The images shown on the site are courtesy the internet and google images. Please expect a can of whoopass to be opened if I find you doing any of the aforestated actions.

Loves,

Evo